Thursday, August 09, 2007

My achilles heal......errrrrr big toe?????

Who knew an ingrown toenail could be so painful??? For a month now I've been trying to clean out and heal up this infected big toe to no avail. Finally, this morning, I went to a health clinic where the nurse practitioner tried to get it all cleaned out for me.

After I regained consciousness, she told me that it was worse than she expected, put me on some antibiotics, and ibuprofen, and told me I would probably have to have my toenail removed. SWEET!!!! In the meantime, I'm loopy, pussy, and in general uncomfortable as I try to walk without touching my big toe to anything at all around it. It's so annoying to be able to do so many things normally and then have something as small as my toe hurt me so much that I can't seem to do anything.

Anyways, other than that, I have much news to impart!!!!

I quit Depot, or at least put in my notice. I feel that I need a break from retail to focus more on school and to prevent ultimate burnout. I am now going to be an HP rep and work in the copy center for a major corporation. I feel like both opportunities will not only enable me to make enough money to pay my bills, but also focus on my homework and schoolwork.

Aside from that the house is about five weeks from being move-in ready. Andy and I are making plans on how we are going to fill it up already as well as beginning to pack up the stuff we aren't going to need from the condo.

Then comes school. I am only attending for twelve hours and only on two days of the week, but I would imagine that this will be my toughest semester yet because the course work is definitely going to be difficult and most likely strenuous. I am most excited about my Biological Psychology class and I have also purchased a book for my Sensation and Perception books that I want to write. That should help me in understanding many of the basic functions of sensation and perception so that I may research it on several other levels. My initial reports, or novels, or whatever you would like to call them are primarily going to be a meta-analysis of the studies and theories that have already been presented.

Hmmmmm, alright maybe it's time for me to go to bed. We have a lot to do tomorrow, and only a day to do it in. Hopefully I'll get a call from Human Resources for the company I am supposed to be a copy center associate for.

No comments: