Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Attraction

What is it about a person that makes them so attractive? I have finally figured out what my "type" is. He needs to be a brunette, ambitious (but not overly so), family oriented, successful (or working toward it), intelligent, funny, and attentive. But that doesn't really fit with the types of guys I find physically attractive.

Let me rephrase that. Every guy that I have crushed on for looks first, I have never dated for one reason or another. There is only really one that I really wanted to date after getting to know him more. Intelligence seems to be my biggest factor in deciding attraction, but at the same time, certain body types seem to pull at me....and I really don't know why.

Some might think that they would look like my father, but they don't. The only thing that really is comparative to my father is the slender build, but even that is dependent upon the guy. I really like toned arms and back, because I see that as a sign of healthiness and dedication to self as well as to work and play. I just don't understand why when I see somebody's physical attributes and find them so .... magnetic (for lack of a better word)..... I never end up finding the person to be compatible with me.

Maybe it has something to do with the safety zone and the fact that I am really shy around guys unless I am currently dating somebody or they are currently dating somebody. That's a potential reason, but maybe I just need to research more about the psychology and biology of attraction. It is an interesting question to ponder though...

No comments: