Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sensation and Perception

I have to admit that my obsession with this subjects borders on a masochistic obsession. I bought a book I've been coveting for about a year and a half now, Sensation and Perception by Goldstein. When I got the book in, I found out that a lab manual can go with it, but I'll have to save up for that because that's another hundred dollars. Anyway, when I received the book, I was so perversely pleased with it, I must have stared at the cover for a good ten minutes before I even opened it up, anticipating the knowledge it would hold.

I know this seems completely weird and borderline crazy (although I never said I wasn't...) but I think I've finally convinced myself that I can at least pursue my dream of writing a volume of books about the human species even if nobody buys them, and nobody wants to publish them. I'm finally beginning to have the dream for myself and not for the money I can see at the end of the tunnel.

Anyway, other than that, the house has been pushed back to the beginning of October. I will be starting Express Scripts on Monday and I will work at CostCo as an HP rep on Saturdays it looks like. Life seems to be looking up.... My toe is still weird even though they removed part of the nail on Wednesday, but I'm hoping it will be nice again by next week. It doesn't really matter if it isn't, I just imagine it will be easier to walk again.

Well, please keep in touch!

No comments: