Friday, February 19, 2010

A Rose

This new post, because of the new year, should really focus on what has gone on since my last post, but it will not. Instead, it will focus on my favorite flower, the rose...specifically, the red rose.

To call it a miracle may seem trite, but it's simplistic, elegant beauty does remind me of miracles. Everything from the sateen velvety finish on the petal to the strength and fierceness of the stem and thorns makes me think. The smell tickles my nose....as all smells seem to, but I truly enjoy the scent of the rose and so cannot resist smelling them. The petals are both stretchy and yet strong for the fragility they present. Maybe it is the direct opposition of the petals to the sturdy stem and imposing thorns that makes all the difference of the rose.

Red is by far the only color I love. While all of the other colors are beautiful and plentiful, there is only one that represents boldness and passion. A vibrant declaration of feelings for another. Forgive the sweetness of the pinks or the steadiness of the whites, for they are beautiful but can never compare with a deep, vivid, red rose.

No comments: