Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Poems

Here are some poems I found when I was cleaning. You may like them or you may hate them, or you may just want to share some of your own...feel free!!! :)

Jewel

She softly and sleekly pads

Her way through the snow.

Her fur shines black, orange,

Chocolate, and White. Her eyes

Are subtle and clear, speaking of

Intelligence. Later, she will

Curl into a tight ball, her head

Tucked into her side

And her paws are tucked below her.

Naptime is over and she is ready

To go out and play. Bring on the ball.

Bring on the string.


Haiku

Crystal clear water

Flows gently and swiftly down

The vast mountainside

Soft whispering breeze

That flows over the earth and

Changes suddenly

Leaves fall about the

Earth bringing with them the most

Amazing colors

Cinquain

Vivid

Stripes of colors

Show as the sun begins

It’s slow descent into the night’s

Twighlight.

Swiftly

Moving through life

As all thoughts are centered

On staying happy and sure of

Oneself.

You

I sat there waiting for you,

My thoughts reflecting on how we grew.

We were called the perfect couple,

At first, you seemed so subtle.

You bought me gifts,

Gave my spirit a lift.

You’ve been there, through the thick and thin,

I’ve learned to trust you again and again.

We celebrate everyday.

You have taught me to love life,

And hope someday I’ll be your wife.

Together forever, ‘till death do us part,

I’ll never, ever let you out of my heart.

Zeus’s Mess

Zeus’s yellow xylophone

With violins undertone

Trying sporadic rhyme

Quietly producing opposing

Non-melodic lines

Kicking joined instrumental

Horns going flat

Ensembles do compose

Breathtaking accompaniments.

Tanka

Peaceful love shatters

All who do not understand.

How to keep within

The fiery passions that

May consume those not cautious

Tall willow branches

Hang down in front of us as

We sit together

Sharing our love for life and

All that makes us who we are

Poems

A poem a plenty, a poem a few,

A poem that’s old, a poem that’s new.

A poem expresses the words that aren’t said,

And is rarely appreciated before the poet is dead.

A poem is happy, a poem is sad,

A poem is good, but this one is bad.

Nature’s Breath

The soft wind whispers

Slowly and surely through

The rivers and valleys.

The sun shines and it’s

Rays hit everything

In sight, but it leaves

All shadows elsewhere.

The water flows through us all,

Tying us together for all eternity.

Friendship

Free spoken words to help us

Relax when near one another.

It feels as though

Everything revolves around us.

Never underestimating the Bonds that form

During our everlasting memories.

So that we would be able to remember

How well-kept secrets revolve

In the scholastic arena where we

Pretend that all is well in the world.

Childhood Kingdom

Childhood is the kingdom where,

Cooties live, and children stare.

Bubble gum sticks to the ceilings above,

And little children speak of love.

Where at recess, there is no care,

Not a worry anywhere.

Children laugh, and sing, and play,

And wonder what the teacher will say.

Childish pranks, and little games,

Funny faces, and ugly names.

Childhood is the Kingdom where,

Children relax, and parents care.

My parents worry what I hear,

What I see, and what I fear.

They worry of guns, or broken glass,

Or that I’l get hurt going to class.

Me seeing things I shouldn’t see,

Or going place I shouldn’t be.

Childhood is the kingdom where,

If we all could, we’d all stay there.

No comments: