Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

I haven't slept more than four hours in six days now. I'm beginning to get worried. I understand that stress can influence anxiety and anxiety can prevent sleep. I'm so tired right now that the lines are beginning to blur... I've tried going to bed now four times, and nothing has worked. I've used all of the normal remedies, meditation, sleep tea, relaxing stretches...I'm almost to the point of pills!

What am I worried about? Nothing out of the ordinary. My problems are the same that plague any human being, and indeed any typical college student. I lost my phone (or it was stolen, not quite sure about that, but I have my suspicions), so I feel completely detached from those few that might actually take a moment to call me, I need money (who doesn't), and it seems (through nobody's fault but my own) that my checking account is ever-shrinking while my credit card bills are ever-growing.

Good news, though. I have nearly all of my christmas shopping done, and all the birthdays are done up to the end of the year, so hopefully that'll spell something good for me in the near future. Now if only I could find a job that paid twenty dollars an hour for part time work, I'd be in heaven (oh yeah, did I mention I need hours around school?). Of course this is not likely, and might possibly be part of what is plaguing me this evening/morning.

Then there is the ever-popular issue of school. I have a wonderfully early class beginning at 8 am tomorrow morning that I am very likely to sleep through because I cannot seem to rest my mind this evening. How am I supposed to get the grades I expect of myself if I cannot even sit through my classes? Good news though, if I skip this class, then I don't have to get up until about 9:15, and even then all I have to do is show up for a minute and I can possibly even skip my psych stats class later.....as long as I promise to read all of the chapters because I have two tests next week in each of these classes i'm talking about skipping. OH yea, plus I have a test on Wednesday in my Management & Organizational Behavior class that I have studied for but definitely need more of a review on.....hmmmmmmmmmm....this should make for a fun semester, I think.... Anyway, must be leaving now. Hopefully this time I can get some sleep.... We'll see.

No comments: